Yesterday, my husband and our neighbor went out for a walk on Hunt Road East; on the unmaintained part. The road had just been groomed by the snowmobile club and was perfect walking. My husband found what looks very strongly like bobcat tracks coming onto the road.
Well, then what happened next was a real comedy of errors! I had forgotten the camera, tape measure, etc, etc. We went back this morning just as it was starting to snow. We got up there, I stepped off the road to get a real close look and I sank down to my hips, with my left boot stuck under the ice in the ditch. :-( I handed the camera to Gerry, he got three good shots, one of which he said included the m in the pad, used the ruler; we saw absolutely no nail marks along a long stretch of tracks. I had by then pulled my foot our of my boot, which wasn't budging, and had crawled back onto the road. Gerry, being the gentleman that he is, got down on his hands and knees and dug out my boot, which was covered in mud and full of snow. I decided to walk back to the truck with one boot on and one heavy sock on my left foot. What an adventure! Well worth it for a great picture of a bobcat track!
Sadly, we got home and found that there was no card in the camera :-( So after a few bad words, Gerry put his boots back on and went back up, but this time I think the camera was on an exposure that just washed out the prints. He said the tracks are now distorted by the snow.
We're on the Plymouth side of Plymouth Mtn. off of Dick Brown Road.
I learned a lot about being prepared!
So that's our story, and we're sticking to it! P.S. We see fisher tracks pretty frequently.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment